Friday, December 14, 2007

Twinkie the Grandkid not as talented as his father

This Hostess Twinkie showed up in the vending machine this week and I have to admit I didn't recognize it at first. What is with the retro color scheme and even worse, what is with that new character on the front? I came to the conclusion that it must be Twinkie the Grandkid because that is definitely not the Twinkie the Kid I used to know and love.

Simply compare this YouTube video with the heroic twinkie rescuing a runaway train and compare it to that amorphous pseudo-phallic blob of a cowboy they have on the package now and you will see what I mean.


The grandkid has really squandered his father's legacy and let the twinkie product go to pot. The one I had was really rather disappointing. I hope Hostess takes notice and fires the grandkid, because he clearly does not know his way around a bakery.

No comments: