Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vending Machine Recipe #13: Ice Age Diorama


Today's recipe makes a great edible centerpiece. Heck, it can even be a science fair project.

When I saw this gigantic Entemann's Iced Honey Bun in the vending machine I knew that only a true glutton would try to make a recipe out of that 5 oz. / 560 calorie food bomb. Hence, being a true glutton I totally went for it.

As you may have read in previous posts, Animal Crackers are my favorite item in the machine and make for excellent entertainment on a slow day at work low budget.

What's great about the Austin Zoo Animal Crackers, is that they have a penguin as one of their shapes -- perfect for the ice age diorama. In my scene, I have a giant penguin mediating some sort of truce between two woolly mammoths and a polar bear.

Ingredients:
1 Bag Austin Zoo Animal Crackers
1 Entemann's Iced Honey Bun
Serves: 3
Price: $2.25

Instructions:
Take the Iced Honey Bun out of its package and place on the table. Select appropriate animals from the Animal Cracker bags. (If you want Camels in the ice age that's your business). Press animals into the honey bun to form your ice age scene.

No comments: